Friday 10 June 2016

Post Baby Styling..

Having just had my little boy, 6 weeks ago now to be precise (although, admittedly it seems like yesterday!) I'm starting to get to the point where I'm fitting into my size 8s and feeling more and more like my self... At long last, yayyyy!

For me, there is two main things about styling myself now I have a new born. 
1) It's got to be comfy! In the past I've been soo quilty of wearing things that I wasn't 100% comfortable in, in the trust of it looking good. This is totally out of the window now, comfort is key and hell no am I going to wear anything that isn't, especially after really discovering the definition of uncomfortable due to pregnancy and birth giving ha!
2) It has to be quick! As much as I would LOVE to have hours to get myself ready; sadly, I don't (que the violins). I'm a mum now, I'm on a time scale, I'm a lady with lots to do like bottle prep and run to my child the minute he makes a sound. So I need clothes that are going to go with one another, clothes that I don't need to stand around for 20 minutes just deciding what top goes with what jeans. My top tip for this, is mix and match items; I'm no stranger to monochrome (infact I spend my life in monochrome and khaki, who doesn't??) Monochrome clothes and basics are ideal when it comes to having a wardrobe that most items go with one another! It's been my life saver!

Everyone's styles are different and what works for me and what I love; probably isn't going to be exactly what you love! I'm all about the trainers at the moment, paired with a pair of jeans and a bomber or jumper, it's a simple but effective outfit. The kind that says, I didn't take ages getting ready BUT I still look good. Casual but just enough. I just love it!! 

Bomber- Topshop, T-Shirt- Newlook, Jeans- Newlook, Gazelles- JD Sports


T-Shirt- Primark, Jeans- Topshop, Addidas Stan Smiths- JD Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment