Saturday 16 January 2016

Hospital Bag Prep...

Soo exciting !!

So today I decided to pack my hospital bag after finally getting everything that I need over the past few days. To say it's been an eye opener is an understatement! Before now, I literally had nothing other than the gorgeous socks and dummy my brother and his girlfriend got me at Christmas for him. So now I'm prepared incase I have to go in to hospital at any point, he has his coming home outfit and I have all my stuff at the ready. It honestly makes it all seem real! (As if the kicking in the ribs and bouncing on my bladder didn't hahah)

I went for a plain black weekend bag, that was big enough for everything to fit in and wasn't complicated. Just something simple, handy and reliable. I found this in Primark for £17. It fits everything in perfectly and I love it!

Here's a little list of what I packed & why. I found it soo helpful to read other blogs and see what other mums to be put in their hospital bags!

For me:
• Pjs - A nice pair to wear after I give birth and a pair that are comfy.
• Slippers - I opted for some light ones, kind of like half socks, just to keep my  feet warm and easy / comfy.
• Support Bra & Underwear - Plain black of course! I chose some big pants that are going to do their job, as after birth I will just want comfort. Same applied to the bra.
• Toiletries - Flannel, deodorant, toothbrush & toothpaste, wipes, bra pads and sanitary pads.
• Moisturiser - Nivea for my lips and Vitamin C from The Body Shop, as my skin will get dry.
• Hand Sanitizer - germs!!! Yuck, I have such a phobia of the thought of touching my little boy without clean, fresh, sanitised hands!
• A long t-shirt - This will be to give birth in, I just picked up a cheap one as after birth it'll be thrown out.

(I forgot to add some of the bits in this photo!! And both sanitary towels and bra pads are in next photo. Sorry guys)

For Baby Boy:
• Coming home outfit plus spares - All white of course! 2x baby grows, 3x vests, 3x socks, 1 hat, 1 scratch mits
• Blanket - To keep him cosy and warm, this will be used to take him home too.
• Nappies - Size 1 for a tiny baby! I packed a full pack of these.
• Cotton Wool - To do his bum and give him a little wash with.
• Bibs
• A dummy 
• Baby Bath

I will be adding some little sweets, an energy drink and an outfit to come home in. Just incase when I'm in there I want something sweet (knowing me I definitely will!)

I'm nervous but excited at the same time, about this whole hospital thing. I don't know when it's going to come which makes me anxious, I hope he holds out until the proper timing! I know it'll be so hard and scary, but I'll be coming home with my beautiful little boy - totally 1000% worth it!!

       Xo








No comments:

Post a Comment